Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Home Depot

Because of class I have been over aware of ethical situation that occur to me. This one was actually pretty obvious, so I am glad I did the right thing.

The other day my wife and I were at home depot. We were getting some Oak for an art project she needed to do. When we checked out the cashier was not able to scan the item, so she typed in the code. It turned out she typed the wrong code, and charged us $11 when we expected $24. I probably wouldn't have even noticed, but we had to wait for them to bring us a roll of quarters. As we stood their we looked over the receipt and noticed the error. It took nearly half an hour to get everything sorted out, all the while I'm asking myself why I have to pay for this, its not my fault she rang me up wrong. After customer service fixed the issue we were on our way, but I was able to have a clear conscience at least for the ride home.

No comments: